Saturday, December 2, 2017

Psalms 86:11-12 -- On United Hearts

"Teach me thy way, O Lord; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.
I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with all my heart: and I will glorify thy name for evermore."
Psalms 86:11-12


I like how the first verse pleads for God to help "unite my heart."  It certainly feels like our hearts are fractured sometimes, doesn't it?  Not necessarily  in a romantic sense, as when our teenage crush asks someone else out, but because our hearts are all over the place, wanting so many different things, only part of which is God.  When our hearts are united, looking to God in every thought, we're better, less fractured people, and all of those other things that we desire are either enhanced because God is included in that love, or dismissed, because they are not compatible with his love, in which case it is better not to have them in our lives.

Today, let's work on having united hearts, with God's help, so that when we come before the Lord to praise him we can do it with all of our hearts, and hold nothing back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews