Sunday, August 20, 2017

Psalms 94:16-18 -- On Standing Against Iniquity

"Who will rise up for me against the evildoers? or who will stand up for me against the workers of iniquity?
Unless the Lord had been my help, my soul had almost dwelt in silence.
When I said, My foot slippeth; thy mercy, O Lord, held me up."
Psalms 94:16-18


It's hard to stand up to iniquity, and we often wish for someone else to intervene and save us. Sometimes the Lord does stand up for us, but much more often, he strengthens us so that *we* can stand up.  Without that help, our souls might remain silent and just go along with whatever it is.

Sometimes our feet start to slip when we are standing against iniquity as well.  We want to believe that standing up is enough, and that is all there is to the struggle.  But when we start to get tired and worry that we are going to go down and fall off the path, God is merciful and he helps us, and gives us something to hold on to.

Today, let's partner with God to give voice to our souls, and to establish a firm foundation for our feet.  Let's hold to the iron rod of his gospel, and always be willing to stand against iniquity, and instead choose love, and hope, and goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews