Monday, April 3, 2017

Moroni 10:34 -- On Rest and Triumph

"And now I bid unto all, farewell. I soon go to rest in the paradise of God, until my spirit and body shall again reunite, and I am brought forth triumphant through the air, to meet you before the pleasing bar of the great Jehovah, the Eternal Judge of both quick and dead. Amen."
Moroni 10:34


Moroni says a lot in this last verse of the Book of Mormon.  I usually just kind of gloss over it as basically a "goodbye," but reading it today I thought about all the things that it promises.  It talks where our spirits go when they die, about resurrection, about flying (right? through the air has to be flying or floating, eh?), and about Christ's judging us (alive or dead).  Those are some interesting things. :)

I love the fact that we are going to have a chance to meet Moroni in person, and that it talks about it right here.  I'm sure that part of that will us being accountable for what he has told us, but I think part of it will also just be rejoicing... meeting each other across time and distance, but time and distance that he bridged through his faith in God, and his trust that we would someday have his words.

Today, let's see this verse not as an ending, but as a promise of things to come... rest, and triumph and the *pleasing* bar of God.  Let's prepare for the things that Moroni saw, and which God has in store for us, and enjoy the anticipation of so much good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews