Sunday, May 15, 2016

Enos 1:3 -- On Remembering and Pondering

"Behold, I went to hunt beasts in the forests; and the words which I had often heard my father speak concerning eternal life, and the joy of the saints, sunk deep into my heart."
Enos 1:3


As I was reading this today, it struck me how often spiritual experiences, both in the scriptures and in my own life, happen because of something we're reading about or just thinking about in the gospel.  Here, the purpose of Enos' trip wasn't to go out and have a spiritual experience.  He was just living his life.  But as he was living his life, he was thinking about the gospel, and because he was, he had an amazing experience that changed his life.

Today, and every day, let's remember to read and think about the gospel.  That simple thing is the key to not only big spiritual experiences, but the everyday companionship of the spirit and friendship with God.  And we need that.  It makes life better, and helps us not get distracted by so many less important things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews