Thursday, June 11, 2015

Psalms 5:1-3 -- On Morning Prayer

"Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation.
Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up."
Psalms 5:1-3


This is David addressing the Lord, and I think it is a good example.  He calls upon God and asks for his attention, and he also shows a commitment to the communication from his side.  He will talk to God in the morning, and focus his attention on the things of God.
There are a lot of things that seem complicated in the Gospel, and maybe this is one that doesn't have to be.  Very simply, part of making God a priority is putting him first.  Including him in our days at the beginning. :)  So, let's try it.  Today, let's call upon God in the morning.  Let's look up and consider things from God's perspective before we look back down at the other things we have planned into our days.  I'm confident that if we take even that small step in our efforts to put the Lord first, our days will go better.  Let's pray. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews