Monday, January 5, 2015

Psalms 139:7-10 -- On God's Ability to Reach Us

"Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me."
Psalms 139:7-10


I really like this reminder that there is no place we can go where God cannot reach us and help us.  We are never so far lost that God cannot lead us to safety and peace.  Today, let's reach out for God and know that, wherever we are, he can still help us.  I also suggest not sleeping in hell.  Sounds kind of scary and burny.  But, you know, if we end up spending the night, let's remember that God can still get us out, if we're smart enough to call on him for help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews