Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Genesis 45:4-5 -- On God's Plan

"And Joseph said unto his brethren, Come near to me, I pray you. And they came near. And he said, I am Joseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt.
Now therefore be not grieved, nor angry with yourselves, that ye sold me hither: for God did send me before you to preserve life."
Genesis 45:4-5


This is always a good story.  Here, I like the part where Joseph tells them not to be upset that they sold him into slavery.  ... And given, he is in a great situation now, but I think it is amazing that there is no lingering bitterness against them.  It is cool that he can see God's hand in what happened, even though I am sure it was terrifying and tragic at the time.  ... And maybe the same goes for many things in our lives, right?  We endure things that are terrifying to us, and that are tragic or incomprehensible to us at the time, but later, as we learn and grow, we can look back and see God's hand.  We have to go through hard things in order to learn, gain compassion, and become better.  And it is hard to see anything past the pain as we are going through it, but there is a reason.  I like that part... from God's perspective, all of this makes sense and fits into the plan, no matter how confusing it seems.  Our experiences and the people we meet and interact with--they all add up to the whole of who we are, and God is behind it, leading us to each lesson as we are prepared for it.  Today, even if we can't see it at all, let's remember there is a reason, and try not to freak out so much. :)  Instead, let's work on learning the lesson, and growing into better versions of ourselves. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews