Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Mark 14:13-15 -- On Complex Answers

"And he sendeth forth two of his disciples, and saith unto them, Go ye into the city, and there shall meet you a man bearing a pitcher of water: follow him.
And wheresoever he shall go in, say ye to the goodman of the house, The Master saith, Where is the guestchamber, where I shall eat the passover with my disciples?
And he will shew you a large upper room furnished and prepared: there make ready for us."
Mark 14:13-15


This is great stuff.  There are several stories like this from Christ's ministry, and it makes me wonder how much our lives could be guided, if we were really willing to trust God.  If we needed something, do we have the kind of faith where God could tell us to do something this complex, and we would listen, or would we just think "yeah, right," and walk away?  I know that I have gotten complex messages similar to this in my life--not often, but I think that shows that we all have the potential for this kind of guidance if we listen to God.  Perhaps, if we were more in tune, we could be guided so much more directly, and know so much more.  Today, let's have faith in God that he will guide us to the things that we need.  The more we listen and learn to recognize the Spirit in our lives, the more complex messages we will be able to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews