Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Jacob 7:23

"And it came to pass that peace and the love of God was restored again among the people; and they searched the scriptures, and hearkened no more to the words of this wicked man."
Jacob 7:23


I love the part about searching the scriptures, and that it is tied to repentance and coming back. I think it has always been significant in my life... when I'm searching the scriptures then it's kind of an indicator that I'm on the right track... that I care about what God says. And maybe it is sort of an indicator for all of us. Today, let's work on restoring peace and the love of God to our lives... specifically through searching the scriptures. One good way to start is with the Scriptures online (really good search function). :) It is at this url: http://lds.org/scriptures?lang=eng and even though I'm joking in one way, I'm not in another. Sometimes just typing a topic word into that search and starting to read all the scriptures about that topic can start us on a search that leads to all sorts of really good, amazing reminders about what God has to say and what he wants us to hear. Let's listen to the Spirit, and do the search... and remember to put God first in our lives today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews